Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bangkok/Rayong Trip Day 1


So I am in Bangkok right now, in a bar/café with my friend Ashlee, listening to Britney Spears while lying on couches surrounded by our suitcases, waiting for my councilors daughter  to come home so we can go to her house and go to bed. AHHHH I am sooo tired.

Yesterday, I took a bus to Khon Kean to meet up with Ashlee and spend the night at her house. Then this morning we woke up at 6am and drove back to Khon Kean to catch our bus to Bangkok. At 2pm we arrived in Bangkok and went to J.J Market with two suitcases, two purses and one back pack. It was crazy but we did it. I bought one gift for a special someone ;) and Ashlee bought a bunch of dresses. Around 5pm we headed over to the mall to go shopping at forever 21. It’s funny because you know you’re an exchange student when you have pockets full of money you have saved for this trip and your favourite shop in the world and all you buy is new underwear and yoga pants. For two reasons, a) you have learned how to be logical and sensible about what you spend your money on and you really need new underwear and b)  Thanks to lovely exchange weight gain, yoga pants are like all that fits you. After buying some NESSECITIES we headed out for a feast of very random food, raw salmon in balsamic vinegar, spinach and cheese casserole, dumplings, stir fried vegetables and tofu, garlic bread and TWO Apple crumples…. Yeahh. That’s our feast of this trip from now on only vegetables and fruit I PROMISE!! I want to be able to wear something other than yoga pants!!!

Then we headed home and Anin wasn’t home so we found this bar/café with free wifi and that’s where we are now. Tomorrow at 4:30 am for the English camp in Rayong for three days. Then we are not sure how many days we will spend in Bangkok after that because its expensive and fattening, not a good combination!

I will keep you posted on our misadventures.

Xoxox Chantel <3

No comments:

Post a Comment